Student Grants

For undergraduate and graduate student grants and fellowships, please click on the "Fellowships & Grants" tab on the left.

Student Organization Grants
The Fairbank Center has limited funds to support undergraduate and graduate student organizations for projects that involve the study of China. We use a common application process with other Asia-related centers. Please complete the application form and email Jorge Espada at the Asia Center if you need additional information.

Please check the following offices for more opportunities:

Asia Center
The Harvard University Asia Center coordinates the application process for many of the undergraduate and graduate student grants funded by the Fairbank Center. In many cases, students can complete and submit a common application available at Check the site often to learn the exact date of the deadline. Please follow the CARAT instructions carefully as they include all requirements, supplemental materials, and submission instructions.

Harvard China Fund
The Harvard China Fund offers summer internships in China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong for undergraduates. Opportunities at non-profit organizations are also available. These will be open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Check for updates at the web address above or contact 617-496-1587.

David Rockefeller International Experience Grants Program (DRIEG)
The David Rockefeller International Experience Grants Program (DRIEG) was established in 2009 to give students the opportunity to gain a broader understanding of the world beyond the U.S. or their home country, and to learn about other countries and peoples by spending time immersed in another culture.The purpose of the grant is to afford all students the opportunity to take part in a significant international experience, regardless of financial constraints.

Career Services
A university-wide listing of fellowships and grants can be found on the Office of Career Services website.

General Scholarships
Graduate students might also be interested in the PRC government scholarship, which allows for one-year study or research in China.  This scholarship, as well as other opportunities, is usually administered through the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships.