- This event has passed.
Advanced Institute for Global Chinese Studies Launch Ceremony
May 30, 2022 @ 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Join Lingnan University in Hong Kong as it celebrates the launch of its Advanced Institute for Global Chinese Studies (AIGCS). AIGCS’s mission is to foster in-depth scholarly exchanges among institutions and scholars in Chinese studies throughout the world in ways that enhance Lingnan’s international prominence for integrating the finest Chinese and Western liberal arts education. With “Global” and “advanced” as its defining features, the Institute is steadfastly dedicated to pursuing global vision, promoting global collaboration, and achieving global impact in the studies of Chinese culture.
Welcome and introduction
- Welcoming remarks by Zong-qi Cai, Institute Director (
- Welcoming speech by Leonard Kwok Hon Cheng, Lingnan President
- Introductory video about AIGCS
- Prof. Michael A. Szonyi, Director of the Fairbank Center; Frank Wen-Hsiung Wu Memorial Professor of Chinese History, Harvard University
- Prof. David Der-wei Wang, Edward C. Henderson Professor of Chinese Literature, Harvard University
- Prof. YUAN Xingpei, Director of the International Academy for Chinese Studies, Peking University; Professor LIU Yucai, Peking University
- Ms. Jennifer Crewe, Associate Provost and Director of Columbia University Press
- Mr. Robert Dilworth, Director of Journals Department, Duke University Press
MOK Ka-ho, Vice-President of Lingnan University
Presented via Zoom
Meeting ID: 884 452 4677 Passcode: 03370044