- This event has passed.
China and the World in the Post-COVID-19 Era
November 11, 2020 @ 8:00 pm - 11:15 pm
What will the impact be of COVID-19 on the global economy and how will that impact global health and the potential for global collaboration for a healthier future? Join “China and the World in a Post-COVID-19 Era” to gain perspectives on the post-pandemic outlook for trade and investment, sustainable development, collaborations in public health, and mental and psychological health. With an in-person and Zoom-based audience of academics, policymakers, medical practitioners, and social entrepreneurs, the forum features keynote speakers Jeffrey D. Sachs (Columbia University) and Jeffrey Koplan (Emory University) as well as discussants from Chinese and U.S. universities, Chinese government officials, and social entrepreneurs.
- Qizhu Tang (唐其柱), Vice President, Wuhan University; Dean, Wuhan University School of Medicine
- Juhua Xiao (肖菊华), Vice-Governor of Hubei Province
- Honghui Chen (陈红辉), Vice-Mayor of Wuhan
- Xiankang Dou (窦贤康), President, Wuhan University
- Mark Elliott (欧立德), Vice-Provost for International Affairs, Harvard University; and Mark Schwartz Professor of Chinese and Inner Asian History, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Harvard University
Session I: Broader Implications on Global Health and Psycho-Social Impacts
- Winnie Yip (叶志敏), Professor of Global Health Policy and Economics, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; Interim Director, Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, Harvard University
- Jeffrey Koplan, Vice-President for Global Health, Emory University; Former Director, U.S. Centers for Disease Control
- Barry Bloom, Joan and Jack Jacobson Research Professor of Public Health, Professor of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, and Former Dean, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Ruiping Xiao (肖瑞平), Director, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University; Associate Editor , New England Journal of Medicine
- Shekar Saxena, Professor of Global Mental Health, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Session II: The Future Under Global Economic Integration
- Song Min (宋敏), Dean of School of Economics and Management, Wuhan University
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, University Professor and Director, Center for Sustainable Development, Columbia University
- Yao Yang (姚洋), Dean, National School of Development at Peking University
- Bert Hofman (郝福满), Director of the East Asian Institute at National University of Singapore, Professor of Practice at the Lee Kuan Yew School
- Wannian Liang (梁万年, Executive Associate Dean of Tsinghua University, Vanke School of Public Health; former Director-General of Healthcare Reform, National Health Commission of China
- William Hsiao (萧庆伦), Emeritus Professor of Economics, Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Dongsheng Chen (陈东升), Chairman of Dong Fureng Research Institute of Wuhan University; Founder, Chairman and CEO of Taikang Insurance Group
Organized by Wuhan University (School of Medicine, and School of Economics and Management), Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, Harvard University, and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; and sponsored by the Taikang Public Health and Epidemic Control Fund.