- This event has passed.
Panel Discussion – The COVID-19 Outbreak: Local and Global Decisions During Uncertainty
March 2, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please click here to watch/listen to our recent panel discussion on COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Gabriel Leung, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Helen and Francis Zimmern Professor in Population Health, University of Hong Kong; Member of the World Health Organization expert team on COVID19; and Harvard Chan MPH Alumnus
Barry Bloom, Joan L. and Julius H. Jacobson Research Professor of Public Health
William Hsiao, K.T. Li Research Professor of Economics
Marc Lipsitch, Professor of Epidemiology
Alex Ng, Vice President of Tencent Healthcare; Former Deputy Director of China Program, Head of Health and Innovation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; and Harvard Chan MPH Alumnus
Winnie Yip(Moderator), Professor of the Practice of International Health Policy and Economics
Join the Harvard China Health Partnership for a special dinner seminar featuring a panel of speakers—from Harvard and Asia—to learn and discuss complex questions such as:
- What could China have done differently in light of incomplete and uncertain knowledge of the new virus?
- Is China’s response unique to its governance structure or are there global lessons to be drawn?
- What did China learn and not learn from SARS in 2003 and why?
- Has ten years of health reform in China, plus quadrupled government spending on health, prepared China better for this outbreak?
- What is the role of social media and digital health in this outbreak?