- This event has passed.
Workshop – Everything Digital: An Essential Guide to Digital Tools for East Asian Studies
October 10 @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Registration Deadline: By October 4, Friday to http://bit.ly/DigitalEA
Lunch will be provided
Are you wondering what digital tools might be useful for your research? Join us for an informal lunch session as we share recommendations and useful shortcuts to help you get off to a running start and make the most of your time at Harvard and overseas.
This workshop will largely focus on technology, and ways to integrate various tools with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean research. Topics include:
- Overview: How to Get Connected
- Input Methods and Dictionaries
- Bibliographic Tools: Zotero, Endnote, Paperpile, Mendeley, etc.
- Writing Tools: Scrivener, Evernote, DEVONThink, Tropy, OneNote, etc.
- Personal Database Building: Spreadsheets, MS Access, FileMaker, Airtable, etc.
- Online Presentations: WordPress, Omeka, Scalar, StoryMaps, Prezi, etc.
Please come with your own ideas to share as well! This is an opportunity to learn and explore.
A laptop or tablet is recommended, but not required.
In collaboration with:
Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies
East Asian Digital Humanities Lab at Harvard-Yenching Library
Japan Digital Research Center at Fung Library